First Impression

First Impression

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Reflecting on High School

It has only a week and a half since I graduated from high school, even though it seems like forever ago. On the contrary, the first day of high school felt like it was just yesterday. Even though it was probably the most difficult time in my life to date (I can hardly remember a time that I wasn’t absolutely swimming in work), it was definitely also the most fun. Throughout high school, I took some very interesting classes, formed amazing friendships, and had so much fun!

For those of you still in high school: make the most of it! I can’t stress this enough, as it goes by so quickly, and you will definitely have regrets if you don’t.  Towards the end of junior year, I had a realization: I only have one year left. I’m only going to have one more first day of school with these people. I’m only going to celebrate one more birthday here. At this point, I made myself goals for senior year: try to eliminate drama with my friends, study as hard as I can while still maintaining balance, stick with rowing (even though it may be time-consuming) and lastly, don’t forget to have fun. I am glad that I made these goals because they definitely helped me have the best senior year possible!

Sure, we all have things we wish we could have done better. I wish I had studied harder for that test I got a C on, gone to bed a little earlier every night, been a little nicer to that friend who was having a rough day. But the best thing about high school is that it is all a learning experience. Don’t have regrets, but just do things better the next time around. New challenges will present themselves, similar to those that you have faced before. The trick is being ready to deal with them the second time.

High school was a very exciting time in my life, and I know that college will be just as exciting (if not more!) with new challenges along the road. I know that the best is yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment