First Impression

First Impression

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

How to Dress: Graduation

With my high school graduation right around the corner, there is a lot of buzz around what to wear. For my graduation, we do not have caps and gowns (as it is usually really hot and humid in Boston in June). Instead, the girls wear white dresses and the guys wear white tuxes. It looks really classy, especially with the maroon and white flowers that the girls hold and the boys wear on their corsage (maroon and white are our school colors).

It never occurred to me how hard it was to find a perfect white dress until now. Because so few stores have graduation-appropriate dresses, I was also concerned that someone else would wear the same dress as me! The girls of 2014 have created a Facebook group to keep this from happening.


I have since found my dress (pictures to come later!), but I wanted to share a few of my favorites that I stumbled upon. Finding the perfect white dress is much more difficult than one would think…

Per usual, Lilly Pulitzer has many perfect white dresses (I got mine there!). Lilly's styles are timeless, and you can wear them to many other events besides graduation. Here are a few of my faves:

Lilly Pulitzer McCallum Dress

Lilly Pulitzer Surrey
Sweetheart Lace Dress
Lilly Pulitzer Macon Tunic Dress


Vineyard Vines also had this very cute (and classic) one:


Vineyard Vines White Eyelet Dress


In my (many) searches, I also found some cute ones at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdales! As you can probably see, I'm a sucker for the eyelet, but these are all really cute!


Free People
Daisy Waist Dress
BB Dakota
White Crochet Lace Dress
Maggy London
Pique Sheath Dress

I hope everyone graduation has a wonderful graduation and congratulations to the class of 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment